Tuesday 22 February 2011

Pub Crawl Poster

I went to see a talk about "Dead Wood" a low budget film by Menan Films.

The film has 3 directors and it is a horror movie that was shoot in the woods.

They explained how they had made it and sold it to Lionsgate Films.

Very interesting talk and I found out about it from the organiser, Chris Jones of Living Spirit Pictures. The blog is at http://www.chrisjonesblog.com/

Anyway please checkout their movie and also chris's blog is very interesting for low budget filmmakers.

So one of the things I took away from their talk was that I need a better website, which I sort of know and we need a poster, which is what I decided to have a go at.

I don't really have the right software for making posters. It seems maybe I need to buy a copy of Photoshop. My only problem is whenever I checkout Adobe products, they come in packs of 3 or 4 programs that cost £600. So I downloaded Gimpshop, which is supposed to do the same thing as photoshop for free.

Remember, I said I was a low budget filmmaker, currently I'm a no budget filmmaker, waiting for next cheque to hit the bank.

More on Gimpshop if I get it to work on my Macintosh.

Rather than spend the time figuring how Gimpshop worked, as it needs Apple X windows... I fired up Microsoft Word and had a try seeing what it can do.

I found using a watermark I could lay text over a graphic.

So I came up with this as a poster using a still from the movie Pub crawl.

No comments:

Post a Comment