Thursday 24 February 2011

83rd Academy Awards

The 83rd Academy Awards is live on Sky and ABC on Sunday. While I have Sky 1 and Sky Living, I don’t have SKy Premiere, as it would cost me an extra £20 on my Virginmedia bill.

I could get Sky movies for a month, but I thought I would try and see if I could watch it free on the Internet. The first one I found offered to let me watch it free, if I paid $49.99 as a one off payment. They seemed to totally miss the concept of free... if I pay $50 it’s not free.

I found that for $4.99 I can watch everything on the Internet direct from oscar.com, the Academy’s official website. OK all I have to do is register and enter the credit card details... what this it is telling me, I’m un-invited because I don’t live in the USA.

I found another site Livestream.com have the Oscars, but it seems to be live from the Red Carpet. That’s like being outside and not being able to get a ticket.

I did find a blog that had 15 ways to watch the 2010 Oscars, not really what I wanted. So i’ve decided to watch the show on Sky Living on monday night. All I need to do is not watch any news Sunday night or monday morning...

No comments:

Post a Comment