Saturday 9 July 2011

Production for Second Movie

I’m looking at producing a second movie from one of my scripts. So far I have two scripts that I am thinking of producing. The problem is they are much bigger budgets than our last movie.

I want to shoot next movie on Sony FS100 and Canon 5D MkII. I haven’t used it yet but, will probably edit on FCP X.

The first script I am considering is Megachrist.com. Which is set in London. What I wanted to do was try and get hollywood A list to play the parts of the prophets. 

These are short but important parts for the movie, Moses, Buddha, Jesus and Mohammad. I am thinking of re-writing current ending. More information about Megachrist.com is on the website including the current script.

To be honest I’m really not sure what the budget would be my estimate is £500,000. My wish list for A list actors are Chris Rock, Owen Wilson, Jackie Chan and Madonna. From the actors listed the movie ought to be a comedy, but it’s not.

It is chicken and egg, if I can get letters of intent from actors, assuming they like script, then I have a good chance of raising money. It would be nice to have an Exec producer who has raised more than this in the past. So if you know someone, send me an Email.

The second script that I am considering is “Zombie Biker Girls”. this is comedy horror set in Los Angeles. What I am looking at is going to LA to shoot for about 3 months and picking up crew and cast in LA.

The budget for the movie will depend on what actors we use. One option is too shoot on SAG low budget contracts.

The other option I am thinking of is too get an actor who has his own production company to join as a co-producer.

One of the parts in the movie, Jack was written with Jack Nicholson in mind... while I would love to be making a movie with Jack Nicholson any of the following are great actors too Tom Hanks, Nick Nolte, Michael Madsen, Michael Caine, Robert Redford or Harvey Keitel.

If I am honest and not just hopelessly optimistic I probably can’t even get a script to any of these actors let alone have them read it and want to co-produce movie. What it does have going for it it is that is set set in LA.

No comments:

Post a Comment